Monday, August 9, 2010

In which I have nothing to do

I am bored. I have browsed the complicated archives of http://www.writing.com/ for long enough today. And so I turn to blogging. Hmm. Maybe I should get a Twitter to fill the empty hours. No. I have silly bands. That is enough conformism for me, thank you very much.

Here I sit, trying to ignore the glare of the just-awakened evil entity known as Maud, my sister Maggie's cat. I cannot fathom why they get along. Maggie from now on will be referred to as Curls, as in my sister Emily's blog. Henceforth, Emily is The Diva.

Facebook has entertained me for its alotted amount of time for today. It has its limits, even with a game addiction. Stumbleupon.com holds no charms for me right now. I wonder if there are some other websites I might try.... Maybe I'll break down and make a YouTube account instead of relying on Curls to keep me updated about all the interesting things, like A Very Potter Sequel coming out. That would be wise.

I want a top-hat. That would be fantastic. A stove-pipe one, like Abraham Lincoln wore a lot. You know the one. That would be fantastic. And I'm rather worried that the government might come a'knocking at some point. I've been looking up some shifty things lately, in the name of research. You remember the insane writer thing? Well, emphasis on the insane. And the writer. Just emphasize the entire phrase.

I've been researching things along the lines of different varieties of knives, fighting styles, and guns. And poisons. And a select few other shady things. But that's because some of my main characters are rather shady people. So technically it's not my fault. THE VOICES MADE ME DO IT!!! *she wailed*

Yes, I narrate my ramblings. Shut up. It makes sense to me. Maybe I should eat something. It's evening, and all I've had is a delicious cranberry-orange scone and delectable left-over chicken and rice. Yes, I realize that that's far too many descriptive words to sound good. But I wanted to leave the impression that the chicken was good too, not that the scones were the exception. Most things created in our kitchens are fantastic. For instance, there was much making of bread today. It is quite good, especially still warm from the oven and slathered with a liberal dose of butter. Healthy eaters, my family.

Yay for rambling! Hey, Evil Katie hasn't interrupted yet! She's been very quiet today. Maybe she'll get her pretzel after all. Of course, the last time she was this quiet, she ended up taking over and setting into motion a dastardly scheme to turn all interesting people into conformists. It was bad. There was a huge government cover-up and it involved forgetfulness elixir being sprayed over the entire country. And then there was that incident in the Gulf Coast... Well, at least Evil Katie's ambitious.

And my boredom is on the verge of being cured. Yay for cooking! And maybe later a healthy dose of mind-numbing video-watching. I take my leave of you. *Bows, sweeps dramatically out of room* *ruins it by tripping over threshold on the way out* *Looks furtively back into the room and slinks away*

No comments:

Post a Comment