Sunday, August 8, 2010

Taking over the world with a blowtorch and a bowler hat

Hello there, people. I'm Katie. You may have heard of me. In my sister's blog I'm known as The Wordsmith. My original nickname, batshit insane aspiring novelist, was far too long, but I found it more accurate. But you can call me Katie. That's fine too.

I have many obsessions. Chocolate, tea, socks, and, most importantly, HATS. I have several very lovely hats. Hence the name of this blog, "One hat at a time." Currently, I have a Stetson, a bonnet, and a cloche. A rather small collection, I fear, but there it is.

If you DO read my sister's blog, you might recall reading a story about us on vacation in Minnesota, discussing blowtorches. It is quite true that I was delighted at the prospect of having a blowtorch. Maggie might be right in saying I was rather too excited. But I really can't help myself. I just can't help but consider the possibilities! That might be a product of my overactive imagination. One of the difficulties of being a writer, I suppose.

Back to the subject of hats, which we were sort of on. I guess. Almost. I would very much like a bowler. I mean, who doesn't? Every time I post a new blog, I shall add to the list of hats I want. Once that has been exhausted, I might move on to the subject of shoes. (Really, who doesn't want combat boots?) Maybe I am insane... Ah, might as well take it in stride.

In any case, I am rambling. That is something I am wont to do. Do try to stop me if you catch me at it. Wait, you mean you aren't in control of whether or not I stop? Well. I feel... Empowered. MUAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *ahem*

Sorry. That was Evil Katie coming out of her shell. She's not supposed to do that. No pretzels for her tonight. Anyhoo, I'm rather to the point where I have absolutely nothing to say. You have met me, as well as my less beneficient counterpart. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment